Yamaha Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
|Models - Install Tips||Years||Best Kit|
|Bolt 950 (XV950 / Star Bolt) 8||All||Either Kit|
|Bolt 950R (XV950R) 8||All||Either Kit|
|D'elight 125||All||Top Kit|
|DragStar 650 4||All||Top Kit|
|DragStar 1100 4||All||Top Kit|
|FJ-09 1||All||Bottom Kit|
|FJR 1300||All||Top Kit|
|FZS1000 Fazer||'01-'05||Top Kit|
|FZ1-S Fazer||'06-'15||Top Kit|
|FZ-07 2||All||Bottom Kit|
|MT-07 2||All||Bottom Kit|
|NMAX 125 / 155||All||Either Kit|
|Raider 4||All||Top Kit|
|Road Star 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star Limited Edition 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star Midnight Star 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star MM 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star Silverado 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star Wild Star 3||All||Either Kit|
|Road Star Warrior 3||All||Either Kit|
|Royal Star 3||All||Either Kit|
|SCR 950 Scrambler||All||Bottom Kit|
|SMAX Scooter||All||Bottom Kit|
|SR 400||All||Bottom Kit|
|Super Ténéré XT1200Z 1||All||Top Kit|
|Ténéré 700 World Raid||Prototype||Either Kit|
|Tracer 700 / GT 2||All||Bottom Kit|
|Tracer 900||'15-'18||Bottom Kit|
|Tracer 900||'19||Either Kit|
|Tricity 125||All||Either Kit|
|V Star 650 4||All||Top Kit|
|XVS650 4||All||Top Kit|
|V Star 1100 4||All||Top Kit|
|XVS1100 4||All||Top Kit|
|V Star 1300 35||All||Bottom Kit|
|XVS1300A Midnight Star 35||All||Bottom Kit|
|XVS13AW(C) 35||All||Bottom Kit|
|Virago XV125||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV250||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV400||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV500||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV535||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV700||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV750||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV920||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV1000||All||Top Kit|
|Virago XV1100 6||All||Top Kit|
|XJ650 Maxim||All||Either Kit|
|XJR1300 / XJR1300C||All||Either Kit|
|XJR1300C Racer||All||Top Kit|
|XMAX Scooter (all cc)||All||Either Kit|
|XSR 500||All||Either Kit|
|XSR 700||All||Either Kit|
|XSR 900||All||Either Kit|
|XT 225||All||Bottom Kit|
|XT 250||All||Bottom Kit|
|XT600 Ténéré||All||Either Kit|
|XT660Z Ténéré||All||Either Kit|
|XT1200Z Super Ténéré 1||All||Top Kit|
|XTZ 750 Super Ténéré||All||Either Kit|
|XV950R 7||All||Either Kit|
Is your motorcycle not listed here? Please email us the Year, Make and Model of your motorcycle and we can help determine fitment. If possible, please include an image of the gap between the throttle housing and your throttle grip. Contact Us Page
|Top Kit||Bottom Kit|
|Top Kit Polished||Bottom Kit Polished|
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
All Motorcycle Makes and Models
Do you have another type of motorcycle? The ATLAS Throttle Lock will work on that too! Click on one of the brands below to learn more.
Many modern Yamaha models feature a black plastic ring between the throttle housing and grip flange that is designed to prevent the grip flange from dragging on the throttle housing. Most bikes will be able to use the ATLAS with this ring in place, but some may not have enough room to mount the ATLAS without first removing the plastic ring. To install the ATLAS correctly with the plastic ring in place, the ring must be on the grip flange side.
1. For bikes with OEM heated grips with the wire integrated into the throttle cable housing, take note of the orientation of the bulged section of the housing where the heated grip wire comes out. If bulge is on top, order Bottom Kit. If bulge is on bottom, order Top Kit. If unsure or for questions regarding fitment please email detailed pictures to email@example.com.
2. Riders check tank clearance on their specific bike. If clearance is not enough, use Top Kit instead.
3. The chrome flange must be pulled back to mount the ATLAS.
4. Throttle cable bracket can interfere with Bottom Kit on some bikes. Example: 2012 1900cc SCL Raider needs Top Kit due to known throttle cable bracket interference. If unsure, recommend Top Kit to be safe.
5. Top Kit also compatible, but may interfere with access to killswitch. Unless using a heated grip with a wire on the bottom, Top Kit is recommended.
6. The ATLAS does not fit on the Virago XV1100 if this model has the OEM heated grips. However, if your Virago XV1100 has aftermarket heated grips, the Top Kit will work.
7. Must roll back rubber grip flange and mount the ATLAS on the large diameter plastic flange.
I just put the throttle lock on my Yamaha Roadstar 1600 road a few miles last weekend an so far I'm well pleased with the throttle lock.
I bought the Atlas Throttle Lock and at the begining I had some problems getting it installed the right way. My plastic tube was too soft to clamp the unit properly. I found a solution by using a additional plastic tube which I glued on to the soft one. Only a very thin ring was enough to get the Atlas clamped the right way. I installed everything glued on my heater grips tight to the Atlas and everything worked just fine.
Absolutly flawless with a good installation. Hands down the easiest throttle lock to install and the most consistent I've used so far. Put 2k on it so far without fail. 10/10reccommend