Kawasaki Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Do you love your Kawasaki? We do too, which is why the ATLAS mounts perfectly on nearly every Kawasaki on the road. Ninja, Vulcan, Concours, Versys – yes, and even the KLR 650. If you decide to sell your Ninja for a Versys, take the ATLAS with you! We guarantee the ATLAS Throttle Lock will fit your Kawasaki motorcycle with our 30 day money back guarantee.
|Models - Install Tips||Years||Best Kit|
|Concours||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|Concours 14 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|KLR 650 2||'87-'07||Bottom Kit|
|KLR 650||'08-Present||Top Kit|
|Ninja 125cc-1000cc||All||Top Kit|
|Super Sherpa 3||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys 650 / 1000||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys-X 250 / 300||'19||Either Kit|
|Vulcan 4||All||See Notes|
|Vulcan 500||All||Either Kit|
|Vulcan Mean Street 1600||All||Top Kit|
|Z 125 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 650 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 800 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 900 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 1000 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z900RS CAFE 5||All||Top Kit|
Is your motorcycle not listed here? Please email us the Year, Make and Model of your motorcycle and we can help determine fitment. If possible, please include an image of the gap between the throttle housing and your throttle grip. Contact Us Page
|Top Kit||Bottom Kit|
|Top Kit Polished||Bottom Kit Polished|
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
All Motorcycle Makes and Models
Do you have another type of motorcycle? The ATLAS Throttle Lock will work on that too! Click on one of the brands below to learn more.
1. Models with factory heated grips, please reference our install video for a demonstration on how to mount the ATLAS. The Top Kit is required on this model due to a bump out on the bottom of the throttle housing that prevents the Bottom Kit from being used. Bottom Kit may function on models without heated grips.
2. Minor modification needed on the plastic throttle tube for these years.
3. Some bikes of this model may have excess rubber from the grip flange in between the throttle housing and flange, and may require some of the excess rubber to be trimmed to create the needed space for the ATLAS to mount.
4. Vulcans with the black plastic throttle housing can choose either the Top Kit or Bottom Kit. Vulcans with the chrome throttle housing should order the Top Kit. Models with chrome throttle housings use different throttle cable setups than the black plastic housings. Chrome housings with a bump section from the throttle cable bracket that protrudes towards the grip must be used with a Top Kit. Chrome housings without this bump section may use the Bottom Kit.
5. Some bikes may be able to use the Bottom Kit. Riders should check their individual bike for proper fuel tank clearance per outlines above before ordering a Bottom Kit. If there is not enough clearance please order the Top Kit as suggested.
My daughter and I both took a 500 mile round trip using an above and below throttle lock. The locks worked great. Much easier to reach with my thumb than twisting the bart end type with my pinkie. I did notice that the under bar lock caused me to roll on the throttle a bit but the lock isn't so tight that you need to unlock to adjust. Small adjustments can be made without unlocking. Seemed a little pricey at first but the ease of use will make it money well spent.
It is very easy to install and use. Works great, my throttle rolls back slightly when it fist locks but after that it works good.
The Atlas is easy to install, easy to control, holds the throttle where set, and releases smoothly. Awesome!
This thing is amazing. The install is EASY with tons of help through ATLAS if needed. I started developing carpal tunnel syndrome due to over use of my wrists as a musician and riding my bike, and this has already helped. The first ride with lock on was my best so far. Would definitely recommend for any rider out there!
It fit alright. I'm not good with fixing things and such but it was an easy install.
End of riding season here so I haven't tried the Throttle Lock yet but it should work.